Friday, September 10, 2004

Bourbon Chicken

So today I am making Bourbon Chicken. I love Allrecipes -- I find the reviews especially helpful. Except that they are sometimes hilariously opposite. On this one, alternating reviews say "Tastes exactly like the chicken at the mall!" and "This tastes nothing like the Bourbon Chicken at the mall!" So I guess I'll just have to make it and see for myself.

I had to go in search of bourbon....not really knowing what to look for, as I am totally lost when it comes to hard liquor. The neighborhood grocery store? Dead end. Unless I wanted to drop $15 on a honkin' bottle of Beam. So I bopped across the street to the little liquor store, feeling kind of weird as I went in there with my two very small children (one of whom kept saying, "mama, it's smells funny in here!"). "I need a little tiny bottle of bourbon. For a recipe." You think they hear that all the time?

Anyhoo, it's still marinating. I will come back and edit after I've actually eaten some.

eta.....It was good....can't really compare it to the mall chicken because I haven't had it recently.....but dh didn't like it, and he doesn't like the mall chicken either. Too sweet for him. So I take that as a good sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger